Guided by Humanity
Guided by Humanity is a 501©(3) nonprofit organization making a difference in your community.
We are the non-profit organization that offers accessible, inclusive, and compassionate yoga to all underserved regardless of ability or background.
We are currently offering services to persons with Intellectual Disabilities at yoga studios and other venues throughout the Greater Denver area. Our endeavor is to provide yoga and mindfulness practices to those who typically have limited access.
- Our Mission is to provide underrepresented communities with access to the benefits of yoga and mindfulness.
- The Purpose of Guided By Humanity is to create inclusive, accessible, and compassionate yoga and mindfulness opportunities within the community.
- Our vision is to create a culture of compassion within all communities regardless of ability or background. We believe that all people deserve equal access to the benefits of holistic health and wellness for self empowerment, community connection, and healthy minds and bodies.
- Compassion: Developing compassion for one’s self through the practice of yoga that recognizes the strength of individuals and each other.
- Inclusion (Accessible): We believe that every shape, gender, age, color, and ability should have access to holistic healthy living and wellness practices.
- Community: Nurturing relationships and being in community with others fosters a deeper sense of purpose. We are of service to ourselves and to each other, in both our own neighborhood and across the globe. Together as a community, we will foster a safe, nurturing and empowering environment appropriate for all practitioners.
- Connection: We recognize the human potential and fuel it with inspiration and creativity to support each other’s growth. We empower each other to be in integrity in our process towards both individual and collective truth.
I have been taking clients of varying physical and mental abilities to Mary’s Yoga classes for over a year and the response has been fantastic. They love it and I have seen an increase in flexibility in several without any strain or pain. The clients also like how calm and good they feel when they leave. This is truly inclusive, gentle yoga anyone can participate in. I highly recommend it to all.
Elizabeth Braun M.S.
Director, Active Community Access
The instructor does great structuring the class to benefit individuals with a wide range of physical abilities. This class helps individuals to improve physical resilience and achieve something that they didn’t know they were capable of doing. Additionally, We work with a lot of people on the autism spectrum. The atmosphere has been very calming for them. Many people that we support are in constant motion and needed to satisfy an internal stimuli. It is surreal when they have achieved a calmness and stillness during the yoga class. After the class they have a positive remainder of the day, return to our site, and tell me what a great day they had.
Program Manager, North Metro Community Services
Mary has been providing her yoga classes for the ID/DD participants in my program for at least a year now and we have seen amazing results. Several of our participants who regularly have struggled with high anxiety, begin to relax and exhibit less nervous behaviors. Again, several of our participants who experience physical pain and flexibility issues have benefited from the adaptable exercises and poses that Mary uses each week. I think the greatest result of all is to see how excited our participants are for Yoga day and the relationship they have with Mary. Keep up the great work because it does make a difference!
Community Employment and Day Program Assistant Manager, Goodwill Industries
Mary and Kristi ave been absolutely fabulous! Everyone feels safe in their yoga practice, physically and mentally. Mary is very inviting and keeps all of us engaged throughout the session. She has a unique tact for adapting any pose for all abilities. Everyone looks forward to Yoga with Guided By Humanity on Tuesday afternoons.
Activity Specialist, Shalom Denver
I’m doing good since doing yoga.
All Abilities Yoga Student
Yoga makes me feel GREAT!
All Abilities Yoga Student