All Abilities Classes
This community-based class is intended for persons with Intellectual and/or Developmental Disabilities ages 18 years plus. This grounding, inclusive, and accessible class includes four distinct sections:
- The classes start with sound to reduce anxiety, provide social interaction, and improve breath support.
- Second, gentle breathing techniques are incorporated to reduce anxiety, increase mind-body awareness, improve oxygenation, and increase energy levels.
- Third, gentle and accessible yoga poses for all are incorporated, adapted to all to build strength, body awareness, flexibility, and posture.
- Fourth, a final relaxation pose is used to improve a sense of well-being and to stimulate the immune system.
Day, location, time (Reservations required)
Monday - Goodwill (on-site) @10am
Monday - Mudra Yoga Studio (Holly St.) @12pm
Tuesday - Mudra Yoga Studio (Holly St.) @10:30am
Tuesday - Shalom Denver @1:00pm (every other Tuesday)
Wednesday - Kosha Yoga (Littleton Blvd.) @11am
Thursday - Mudra Yoga Studio (Holly St.) @10:30am
Yoga for the Special Child
Yoga for the Special Child is gentle and therapeutic, which means it’s safe for babies and children with Down Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, Microcephaly, Autism and other developmental disabilities, as well as for children diagnosed with Attention Deficit Disorder, ADHD and Learning Disabilities. This program is intended for children O to 12 years of age and/or Developmental Age. During our fun and gentle classes, we enjoy:
- Special breathing techniques to reduce anxiety, improve oxygenation, develop breath awareness, and increase energy levels
- Relaxation techniques to improve sense of well-being and stimulate the immune system
- Yoga poses to build strength, body awareness, flexibility, and improve motor planning and posture
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for availability
Yoga for ALL Class
Yoga is for everyone, regardless of shape, color, or ability! This class is donation-based, a warm and welcoming environment that focuses on safe and accessible yoga practices to meet each individual need. This class is for all levels of experience and is intentionally slower for grounding and centering and to allow time for a mind body connection. Students are guided to move in and out of poses with ease; adapt poses to fit the body; listen intently to what their body needs; and use props, chairs, and walls for a safe and confident experience.
Brewability Lab Every Wednesday @4pm
Private Adaptive Sessions
Private sessions include one-on-one guidance. All ages are welcome. These sessions are for anyone with mobility restrictions that may include Cerebral Palsy, Spinal Cord Injuries, Brain Injury, etc. Classes focus on breathing, relaxation techniques, and sound work by creating and collaborating adaptive poses to provide full body health and wellness.
Email email@example.com for availability.